Releasing software and making it available to the public takes time from both software developers and software testers. In other words, developing new software is never easy. Therefore, this process includes a lot of testing. The most popular approach used in this is the agile process. What’s great about this method is the equal responsibility between the developers and testers. During the process of developing the software testing team keeps on testing as well. Therefore, the involvement of software testers is throughout the development life cycle. With each iteration, there is an associated testing cycle. With software testers and developers working hand in hand at the outset until the very end. Therefore, the completed project is of high quality with less time consumption, which means better efficiency and quick delivery.
An agile process of development is continuous BTB(Build-Test-Build)
Need for dedicated Software Testers
When you’re following Agile, you are always hustling, there’s a very common saying, “Fail fast, fail often”.
Do you think this fits in agile perfectly?
Our team of software testers can answer this. Get in touch
But, in contrast, failing often on production means loss of business, loss of revenue & loss of reputation.
According to a survey, more than 83% of people never return to your application after one negative experience
So, if we must “Fail fast and fail often”, we should make sure we do so in the testing environment,
Why a dedicated team of software testers?
1. To make sure there are no bug leakages and unpleasant experience for end-users.
2. Reduce the loss caused by bugs in the system.
What to Expect from Astaqc Consulting
Astaqc Consulting team truly understands the usual challenges that arise from testing in an Agile environment.
Each team member knows the importance of clear and constant communication, accurate reporting, minimizing rework and mistakes, fixing defects in a timely manner and placing equal importance on both software quality and speed of delivery.
We at Astaqc Consulting value meaningful feedback and respond well to change and work to deliver the quality each client expects. We practising continuous improvement, give each team member and each person we work with equal importance and find joy in each project.
For more information about the different services we provide, Visit Our Services.
Astaqc Consulting has a team of professional software testers, highly specialised in Agile Testing, with a focus on End to End testing solutions. Passionate and with years of experience, resources and expertise in the software testing process, the team has these main goals:
1. Minimizing overall risks.
2. Ensuring quick adaptation to changes.
3. Optimizing Agile methodologies based on customer’s specific needs.
4. Saving from the losses caused by bugs in production and hotfixes.
How do we achieve the agile goal?
1. Implementing Agile methodology right
DSDM (Dynamic systems development method)
A software development method used in an agile project delivery framework, bringing in flexibility and agility necessary for a successful organisation. Because of its seamless integration with other agile approaches like scrum and extreme programming it can be highly efficient.
Scrum approach enables the teams to respond to new requirements and to deliver quickly, adapting constantly to new demands. Teams that adopt Scrum generally have a Scrum Master: his purpose being, organising, breaking down and prioritising the tasks and to remove any impediments, to help the team deliver on time, Software testers in this approach play an important role right from the beginning of each iteration. Therefore, making it one of the most widely used software development approach.
XP (eXtreme Programming)
In this methodology, teams intend to deliver high-quality software and to be responsive to constantly evolving customer requirements. This methodology follows the best practices of software development to extreme levels and adopts agile principles as well. The Software testing team works alongside the development team and verifies the functionality during development.
2. Creating a team for features
After finalising the agile approach for the project according to the requirements we create teams. The teams focus on some part of the project and not the whole. This is what we call an agile team or a feature team, this helps in achieving the agility required by the project.
What does Feature look like?
- A team that works together to complete upcoming features in iterations, working as a cross-functional, interdependent collaborative team to create end-to-end functionality.
- A Feature team has different people for different roles. Therefore, making the team independent of other existing teams. Teams finish the feature from start to end, making sure the end component is of high quality.
- General composition of such team will have one/two analyst(s), one/two architect(s), one/two developer(s) and one/two Software testers.
What are the Advantages of having a feature team?
- “Feature teams are an essential element of scaling up agile development. Without a feature team structure, your organisation is likely to create numerous wastes and sub-optimisations that lead to a sequential development cycle.”
- Feature teams structure not jus helps in resolving many of the wastages but also introduces change and challenges to improve the application.
How does the feature team, work on a project/feature?
- When Following Scrum Methodology, scrum master will be the one prioritizing the tasks, breaking them into smaller sub-tasks or iterations, create new requirements from the customer/client feedback. Development starts after the previous step. While the team of Software Testers work on the tests, test data or the feasibility and risk analysis of this new feature. Scrum master also works towards removing any and all impediments that team may have during the phase of development and testing. This whole process results in better coverage in terms of quality and testing as well as risk analysis.
3. Fundamental tools for agile development
Short iteration for development and testing cycle makes sure that the work is done with efficiency and quality. In other words, It’s always easier to debug a smaller chunk of code than having to go through a rather large codebase.
Having shorter sprints means that the software testers run through the regression tests more frequently to make sure that the application is stable and secure. Also, speeding up the delivery time for new every functionality and the bug fixes reported by end-users.